Please find the following business updates:
- Confirmed Opening date!
- Review of Operations, including pricing structure, hours of operation and services offered.
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines & new Drop-off and Collection procedures for Customers, Pets & Staff.
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing App.
- Confirmed Opening Date
We are very excited to say that on Wednesday the 6th May, at 7.15am we re-open for business!
We’ve finally received confirmation from MPI and MBIE, that we may re-open. This is providing we follow the required COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.
Considering this, we’ve put together guidelines and new operating procedures for our staff and our customers. We will email this information to you by Monday the 4th May.
As a quick summary:
- To avoid customer contact during drop-offs, we kindly ask that bigger dogs be placed in our walkway at the very end of our driveway, opening the first gate only.
- Small to medium size dogs to be clipped onto the leads which you will find at the entrance to our offices.
- Very Important: Prior to drop-off we ask that you let us know your expected drop-off time. That way we can be sure to be immediately available to collect your dog from the walkway or from outside our front door.
- The best number to contact us on, is 0224247949.
- Collection of pups will be done in a similar fashion as drop-offs, but in the reverse.
- We will also be asking that all bookings be made in advance, using our on-line booking system, and that all payments be made via internet banking or by credit card. Further details to follow.
- Operations Review
Considering the changes expected ie. in travel, more people working from home, and with some business closures causing redundancies, we are expecting to see a substantial drop in both our dog-boarding and doggie daystay numbers. In addition to this, there’s also been the wage increase effective 1st April 2020.
The financial impact of all of this, on us as a small business, has been and we expect will continue to be quite severe for some time going forward.
We love our business and your pets, and we have a wonderful team of people working for us. Our dream is to keep the business open for as long as we can manage to do so. However, for us to survive the COVID-19 crisis, we’ve needed to make the following changes:
- Further maintenance and business improvements will be put on temporary hold. Fortunately none of this was particularly urgent and we will ensure that all safety related repairs and maintenance will continue to be done.
- We’ve made some changes to our hours of operation. This will allow us to reduce the number of extra staff hours we were previously offering to staff. It also gives us time for additional in-house training, additional time for extra disinfecting, and more time to spend with the pups. Staff will continue to receive their standard contracted hours.
- We are introducing the additional pet care services we’d been working on pre-COVID-19. These are: Dog-Walking, Special Outings, Dog-Bathing and Grooming, Dog Training and Transport.
- We are also needing to introduce a new pricing-structure effective 6th May 2020.
New Business Hours:
Effective immediately, our new opening hours are:
Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays)
- 7.15am – 12.30pm
- 2.30pm – 6pm
Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays
- Special Outings
- Bathing and Grooming
Details and pricing to be confirmed.
Price Increase Effective 6th May 2020
- Full Day $38
- Half-day, up to 4 hours $25
- Toy Breed $42
- Small Dog $46
- Medium Dog $50
- Large Dog $55
- Xtra Large Dog $64
- Public Holiday Surcharge $25
- Late Collection after 12pm $38
All prices include GST.
3. COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines, & new Drop-off and Collection procedures for Customers, Pets & Staff
Email to follow on the 4th May.
4.COVID-19 Contact Tracing App.
We will be looking into the use of this app. More information to follow asap.
- We open for business again on the 6th May, 2020 at 7.15am 😊
- Our business opening hours have changed as noted above.
- Our pricing structure has changed as noted above.
- As a result of the ministry’s COVID-19 health & safety guidelines, our booking, drop-off & collection processes have changed.
Finally, a very sincere thank you from myself and Mike, and all of the team for your complete patience and understanding during this very trying time. Fortunately, as a country, we appear to have come through the COVID-19 crisis really well. However, the financial effects will linger on for some time. The hope is that we can all get through it without too much of a financial loss. In the meantime, I personally am grateful to all of New Zealand’s decision-makers and health staff for the excellent work they have done during this time to save our lives. We will always wonder if some decisions could have been handled differently, but, at the end of the day, few lives have been lost and I am sure we all agree that is a true blessing.
From all of us here at Airport Doggie Daycare and Kennels, we hope to see you soon. We look forward to spending valuable time with our beautiful pets once again.
Stay safe and well.
Jenny, Mike and The Team